Friday 5 September 2008

I still can't get over the capitulation to foreign money.

I suppose everyone in the Premiership must be licking their lips, but I still can't get over the capitulation of the game to foreign money. I suppose we will have to get used to foreigners trying to buy their way to success, when only
four teams will be deemed successful. Only Michel Platini seems to stand in the
way.
If Chelsea have another unsuccessful season in trophy terms, the business model of buying as many players as possible will have been viewed as an unworkable
one.
The English football authorities blithely talk about "investment in the game" when agents must be getting ready to gorge
themselves.
I quite like Spurs but I have to get used to a completely new team. The club seems
to have a nervous breakdown like West Ham and Newcastle even before the season has begun. The weight of expectation and funding costs means that a top ten finish is not
good enough.
www.searchaccountants.co.uk

No comments: