Tuesday 2 October 2007

My views on Tory leader David Cameron!

As an antidote to my wittering on about British Prime Minister Gordon Brown, I thought it was high time to be balanced so I would share
my views with the UK electorate about Mr Brown's opponent, the Tory leader David Cameron. Unfortunately, this will not be an accomplished or accurate view of Mr Cameron, since I have never met him. In addition, my view is built up through the filters of the British media.
A characteristic shared by Mr Brown and by Mr Cameron is that quite a few
people do not like them. It seems several Conservative constituencies are
hoping that Mr Cameron will fall flat on his face at this week's party conference
in Blackpool. It appears that the Tory leader has not spent enough time with the
constituencies or with his MPs in a "hearts and minds" project.
Cameron does not have seemed to engender any loyalty from Lady Margaret Thatcher and Norman Tebbit and to disastrous effect. Tebbit has been especially withering about
the public relations background of Mr Cameron and has described Mr Brown as
the heir to Lady Thatcher.
Obviously, if David Cameron invited me for a drink I would be delighted to
accept. I would tell him that less time in Rwanda and more time chatting to
his MPs would be helpful.

No comments: